My coworkers and I are giddy about pumpkin. Yesterday we had at least a 15 minute conversation about the possibility of a “PUMPKIN Day” at work. By the end of the day, we figured it probably wasn’t a reality.
I woke up this morning excited about Fall Break starting tomorrow and decided a pumpkin treat was going to make our day a little brighter. I tried a new recipe for pumpkin bundt cake that I already had all the ingredients for.
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves; add to egg mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack. Remove pan and cool completely. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Do you have any favorite pumpkin treats?