I always thought it was strange that my family didn’t have any secret recipes. My mom used to cater and is a great cook, but she shares with anyone who asks her. The same goes for my aunts and grandmothers. I like that other people can enjoy our family recipes.
One of my favorite recipes that my family makes are Chocolate Chip Cookies. Last year, my mom called is a Secret Family Recipe…. but in actuality it is just the recipe on the back of the Tollhouse Chocolate Chips with a few twists. These changes make these the best! They have come out perfect every single time. People always ask for the recipe because they taste good and are a really great consistency. So here is our family recipe:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened- THE TRICK IS TO USE ONE INSTEAD OF TWO STICKS OF BUTTER!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract- Always add a little more vanilla than it calls for.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts- I don’t use nuts when I make these.
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
You can’t go wrong!